Launching a new business
Steven and Sarah Suggitt, having set up two successful businesses in the farming sector, Suggitt Farm Services and SS Agri Power, for farm contract work and anaerobic digestion respectively, have now embarked on a third venture, PlantGrow Ltd.
PlantGrow® is a completely natural fertiliser, in a liquid form for plants and a solid form for soil conditioning, which has been developed by the Suggitts especially for the horticultural market. Its official launch was in September 2016. PlantGrow® is a break-through product in that it has been produced in the agricultural sector for use in the horticultural sector.
ServicesConsultation, Copywriting, Design and print management, Exhibition management, Media Relations, Planning and strategy, Profile definition & development, Proofreading, Social media guidance, Stakeholder relations
Phillips Profile was asked to advise the client on all PR and marketing aspects of bringing the product to market, including protecting the product throughout its development and developing the branding with the designer. This involved addressing both business-to-business and business-to-consumer interests and working with the agricultural, horticultural and gardening media to profile PlantGrow® the product and PlantGrow the company.
- Generated considerable interest amongst professional growers and buyers from garden centres and DIY outlets
- Interview/press coverage in influential regional press and radio
- Reader giveaway campaigns in national gardening magazines
- Full launch at national level at major horticultural exhibition
- Adoption by well-known gardeners
- Available nationally in both Blue Diamond garden centres and Homebase stores within one year of launch
- Increasing orders and reorders from stockists