Churchill College in the University of Cambridge is the lasting national and international living memorial to its founder, Sir Winston Churchill. Founded in 1960, the College is the repository of the Churchill and Thatcher archives. Its reputation for academic excellence is recognised worldwide, earning 24 Nobel prizes within its first 50 years.
- To bring PR skills to the organising committee in support of the 50th anniversary celebrations and the launch of a fundraising campaign.
- Contributed to the success of the anniversary celebration ball in July 2010 and to the raising of £22,000 within one hour on the night for the fundraising campaign
- Suggested the commissioning of The Churchill Rose as part of the celebrations to raise the College’s profile beyond 2010; introducing the Rose at the Ball
- The Churchill Rose was launched at Chelsea Flower Show, May 2011 by Peter Beales Roses in the presence of the Master of Churchill College and members of the Churchill family
- Extensive coverage in local and national media
- Worldwide interest from College alumnae
- Royalties from the sale of the Rose will accrue to the College fund